So Deadpool drops today and we’re super duper excited about it. You might have noticed we’ve been following the movie for a while now (you can’t blame us after that very awesome trailer they released).
In the spirit of celebrating the release of one of our most anticipated movies of 2016, we decided to bring you something a little special. Just in case you’ve been wondering exactly how this R-rated movie came to generate so much buzz, well, find out below.
10. When they released the trailer for a trailer. Kind of a trailercept…I’m sorry, I had to try.
— Deadpool Movie (@deadpoolmovie) August 3, 2015
9. When they put up that awesome and very graphic billboard (which really could easily be interpreted as SkeletonShitL or SkullPoopL)
8. When they tried to sell an R-rated superhero movie as a romantic one
— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) January 11, 2016
— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) January 5, 2016
— Deadpool Movie (@deadpoolmovie) January 11, 2016
7. The incessant sexual puns
— Deadpool Movie (@deadpoolmovie) December 22, 2015
Touch yourself tonight. #deadpool
Posted by Ryan Reynolds on Thursday, January 28, 2016
— Deadpool Movie (@deadpoolmovie) February 11, 2016
6. That Trailer.
Pass it along. https://t.co/7lWLU47bHE
— Superhero Feed (@SuperheroFeed) December 25, 2015
5. When they put an interesting spin on an IMAX tweet
— Deadpool Movie (@deadpoolmovie) October 30, 2015
4. When they came up with their own emoji and had an imaginary conversation with Kim Kardashian
— Deadpool Movie (@deadpoolmovie) December 21, 2015
— Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) December 22, 2015
3. When they leaked the test footage that got the film made in the first place
Talk about getting people to listen to you.
2. When they jumped on every possible excuse to promote the movie
A very special message from your old pal #Deadpool.
Posted by Ryan Reynolds on Thursday, January 21, 2016
— Deadpool Movie (@deadpoolmovie) February 7, 2016
1. We leave number one to you the audience. Share with us what your favourite Deadpool marketing idea