Before now, very little was known about plans for the film which has been slated for an October 7, 2016 release. However, new documents obtained by LouisianaEntertainment.gov, revealed that production will run till February 2016, and the film will cost a little over $150 million.
Another website, Showbiz411, also obtained the casting call for the film, with brief description of some of the characters in the movie.
- Louis– Male, any ethnicity, 40s-50s. Elegant and intelligent. An appealing entrepreneur with an unexpected
- Vera– Female, any ethnicity, mid 20s – early 30s. Beautiful, smart, tough, fiery and unpredictable.
- Wes– Male, any ethnicity, mid 20s – mid 30s. Aspirational but weak minded. Soulful and sensitive.
- Fritz– Male, any ethnicity, 40s – 50s. A professional thief. Charismatic con-artist. Warm hearted but untrustworthy.
- Nash– Male, any ethnicity, mid 20s – early 30s. A potent threat. Heir to his mother’s business. Malevolent.
- Willhelm– Male, any ethnicity, 30s. Dangerous street criminal. Protective and loyal to his family. Intensely loyal and violent.
- Gary– Male, any ethnicity, mid 20s – early 30s. A little simple; dim-witted and passive.
- Nonna—Female, any ethnicity, mid 20s – 30 years old. Uptight, corporate, vicious, sexual.
- Joe– Male, any ethnicity, 30s. He’s a gun for hire. He is the black sheep of his family. Not from good breeding but from a working class family.
- Ben–Male, any ethnicity, 20s. Just reaching adulthood. A street kid, a disaffected outsider, an orphan.
- Boris–Male, Hispanic, 20s. Charming, handsome, and dangerous..
- Clarissa– Female, mixed race, 10 – 12 years old. Ethereal and other worldly. Very expressive.
- Wolfgang– Male, authentic French, 40s. A French criminal. Must speak fluent French.
- Howard– Male, Caucasian. 50s. A refined European mobster who speaks fluent French.
Gambit will be directed by Rupert Wyatt from a Screenplay by Josh Zetumer.